I am José Gómez, a full time licensed guide and father of 2 little ones who love to discover exciting things about Barcelona.
Children really enjoy Antonio Gaudí´s buildings and Casa Batlló is one of his most original works.
Taking a child to visit a house of Gaudi is almost guaranteed success. The little ones love colors, shapes and fantastic shapes that are very present in all these houses that he designed.
In all the years that I have been working as a licensed guide, I have guided to hundreds of families with children through this monument.
I am going to give you 8 tips to visit Casa Batlló with children and enjoy it to the fullest:
1. Before entering, stand on the opposite sidewalk, from where you can enjoy an excellent view of the facade.
On the roof you will see a large stretched dragon with his scales. The façade is inspired by the legend of Saint George who saved a princess fighting a terrible dragon.
2. Buy tickets in advance and on the official site as there are some web portals that charge you an extra commission.
3. Make your visit first thing in the morning. You will enjoy it much more.
Inside the Casa Batlló the corridors are narrow and when many people gather, the little ones can become overwhelmed and lose interest in the visit.
4. When entering, let the children go first and leave them set the pace.
The whole house is a great surprise and when we go from one room to another. Little ones love to discover all these items and show us.
5. As you go up to the attic, you will see a transparent glass on the landings that when looking through them gives us the feeling that we are diving.
Gaudí was inspired to decorate the interior of the house in an underwater world.
6. When we reach the attic, a white spiral staircase awaits us that goes up to the roof. Children enjoy this spiral stairs because they do not know what they will find at the end. It leads to the roof.
7. From the roof you enjoy a magnificent view of the city and you can touch the back of the dragon!
8. Learn a little about the history and most remarkable points of Casa Batlló.
In this way, you can explain things to children and together you will enjoy the experience much more.
You can find information in all the travel guides. The monument has audio guides, but sometimes you get lost between the buttons and the headphones.
And also… .you have me… .I would love to be your guide! 🙂
I provide private guided tours of La Casa Batlló that also include a visit to Paseo de Gracia, the exterior of La Pedrera, La Casa Amatller and La Casa Lleó i Morera, as well as many more surprises.
The price of the guided tour is € 110 per group (up to 9 people).Duration 1h20. The price does not include tickets. I assure you that we will have a great time.as I am a licensed guide you will avoid the long lines.
Here you can read some opinions of some participants in my visits.
If you want more information you can listen to the podcast I dedicated to visiting La Casa Batlló with kids.